Google

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Shoya has Karaoke?

Ok, sad but true, I'm blogging at 3am in the morning. I dont have the luxury of doing this in the office anymore. Work just isnt a bed of roses like it used to be and I miss writing about a day in everybody else's life!

My good friend Big Boy is in town back from New York for Big T's wedding and I thought I'd catch up with him tonight. I didnt expect him to be at Big T's hen's night but he was. Well, there's history there I guess. Big Boy and Big T used to be a couple. This is going back many, many years ago. Big Boy has since moved to New York, gotten himself married and along the way still kept in touch with Big T. Now it's her turn to tie the knot. So, I guess Big Boy had to be part of the bridal party. He does look like a chook in some abnormal sort of way.




The hen's night was at karaoke in Shoya. Did anyone even know there was a karaoke section to this exclusive restaurant?? I certainly didnt. Ok, so the website actually says there's a karaoke bar upstairs. It's on the top floor of the restaurant and from downstairs, you would never guess it was up there. This place is pretty cool. Much the same as any karaoke bar with private rooms. You get to select the songs you want, when you want, via your own remote control. This place is definitely comparable to Chi Lounge in terms of cleanliness and how modern the room set up is. At Shoya karaoke, it's typical Japanese. You have to remove your shoes before going in to the private rooms. The place has a secret entrance (well it's no secret really - the door is next door to Shoya), but there is no signage anywhere to indicate that this place even exists. Maybe it's just me, perhaps everyone knows about it but me!




Well, I enjoyed myself and the selection of songs were not too bad either. Definitely a place to go again. After Shoya, I headed down to CK bar (it's actually called Shanghai 1930, but for some reason we still call it CK bar) with Louey and The Plumber. It was very packed and I only lasted in there for about 20 minutes, enough just to down 1 chivas/ green tea. Saturday nights are not a good night to go there. Too packed, too smoky and full of old men! The only other women there were the ones who work the tables and a table full of TB lesbians! I think I'll stick to drinking there during the week.



I hope to meet up with Big Boy again tomorrow to catch up on all the latest goss in New York and err.....it's definitely time to go to bed for me. Good night :)


1 comment:

  1. That karaoke has got 'pui chor' and one of WMDM's friend thought I worked there when we first met.

    ReplyDelete