Google

Monday, March 28, 2011

I Love Dubai!


Nobody told me Dubai was such a wonderful city! Almost everything is man made from the high rises to the palaces to the beaches. I think what impressed me the most about Dubai was the cleanliness, the modern-ness and the obscene wealth in some of the people on the street. Oh and also because it was my next stop after London. We all know how cold, gloomy, old and dirty London can be. Stepping out of the plane in Dubai airport, I was just taken aback by the bright sun, the modern airport and how clean and shiny everything was!

No visit to Dubai is complete without visiting the Burj Al Arab. It has always been my dream to spend one night at the Burj, but ofcourse that was not to be. The magnificent Burj Al Arab is on an island of it's own shaped to resemble the sail of a dhow, an arabian vessel. Truly a beautiful construction. The Burj is a self claimed 5 star hotel, however people around the world often label it "the world's only 7 star luxury hotel". And believe me, this is no simple 5 star hotel. Just to walk in if you're not a guest will cost you USD$60! For guests booked in to the Burj, extra services include your very own butler, your own maid, even your own photographer to follow you around town just to take photos for you. Such luxury only money can buy.




Lucky for me, I had made reservations to have champagne brunch at Al Muntaha, reservations I made while I was still in Melbourne. Al Muntaha is located 200m above the Persian Gulf in the Burj with a full view of Dubai. The food was exquisite, the service was impeccable and the ambience was just divine. Just the dessert spread was bigger than some buffets I've seen. Cakes were adorned with gold flecks, everything was just so glamorous. Sigh ......



The man made beaches are a picturesque scene. Beautiful gold sand and exceptionally clean. I swear I will visit Dubai and stay at the Burj one of these days.



No comments:

Post a Comment