Google

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Friends For Life

Life is full of surprises. One minute you're in heaven, next minute you could be down in the dumps. What makes us tick? An important aspect of life is to have close family and friends around you. You cant change your family but can you change your friends? I like to think that the close friends you have will stick with you through thick and thin. There are some friends you share tales of life with, some you share career changes with, some you share sordid details of your love affairs. Are there ones that you just share every single thing with? I'm still trying to work this out. As one journeys on through age, we discover that things change, new buildings emerge, new walls are built and new friends are made. My travels have taken me to many parts of the world. Through this, I've met some really great people I'm proud to call good friends.


I'm blessed with many close friends around me, ones I party with, ones I go shopping with, ones I share sordid details of my love affairs with, ones I share family issues with and intellectual ones who understand changes in my career. I refuse to believe that all these people come and go. I want all of you to stay.


Somehow there arent many I can share every single thing with. But that person is out there. And I thank you for being there. What would I do without you?? You've seen me in tears, you've seen me in times of joy and you've been there when I've been desperate financially. I hope you will be there through all my birthdays, through my wedding, through the birth of my children, even through my divorce if it comes to that, oh and lastly, I hope you will be there to share a bottle of wine with me when we end up in a retirement home or a mental asylum together, whichever comes first!

So many of you are in different time zones and yet we can pick up where we left off whenever we meet. Hugs and kisses to all of you.

This is what makes me tick.




No comments:

Post a Comment