Google

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Famous Hot Pot

I met up with a friend for dinner the other day. He said he felt like having steamboat and I wasnt too fussed. Steamboat is good comfort food during this cold weather and that night it was freakin' cold. Anway, so he calls me and tells me to meet him at hot pot. All the steamboat restaurants in town are called hot pot! Which one??? He insisted this one was called Hot Pot; located on Peel St. in the city. We had this argument for over 10 minutes on the phone and I told him to just give me the address and I'll meet him outside.

So I get there and the place is actually called Famous Hot Pot. Small little Chinese restaurant that only serves hot pots. At $20 per head, the all you can eat is worth it. You can have all sorts of meats, fish balls, lobster balls, whatever balls you can think of, there's seafood too and the best dish of all was the drunken chicken. It was so good, we had 3 serves of it. The soup base for the hot pot was scrumptious, if you like herbal soups. Yumm....

The place is clean and service is good but only downfall is, the waiters dont really speak English. I'm guessing they're all from Mainland cos they only speak Mandarin. If you go, try and bring a friend who speaks the language, makes ordering alot easier....

No comments:

Post a Comment