Google

Monday, September 24, 2007

Bollywood Ball



The long awaited charity medical ball was a great idea for us to do something different. A chance to get all dressed up and all in the name of charity. The Darling St venue was perfect, but the crowd was so not. Firstly, I want to say I'm not racist. But when the ball is filled with 80% apus, it made me wonder if I had mistakenly walked into a high school prom in New Delhi. For such a prestigious venue, the food certainly didnt live up to our expectation. Safeway's roast chicken tastes better than the chicken they tried to pass off as main course. I cant even begin to describe the beef dish. To top it all off, can you believe they forgot to serve us our dessert?? Swing Sister had the right idea and kept telling us to drink $85 worth of alcohol. Yes, that's how much each of us donated to this charity. And till this day, I still dont know the name of the charity! The free flow of Hardy's wine didnt even come close to making up for the food. I'm told Hardy's only cost like $8 per bottle. We would've had to down 10 bottles each to make it worth while.





The music wasnt too bad, real 80s old school RnB tunes. HYC, SJ and I were reminiscing about the Billboard days. Half way through the night they had a lucky draw raffle type give away. Everyone had to look behind their seats to see if they had won the prize. Each table had one prize. Scar Face was the lucky one from our table. Can you believe he won a free Bollywood dance lesson? How ironic, considering we felt like we were at a Bollywood Ball.



Atleast one of us got lucky at the ball. How she found an Aussie amongst the apus, I will never know. But it may very well be a topic for my next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment