Google

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Me, You and The Future

My friends and I have come to an age where we dont know what we want, dont know what we're doing and sometimes, we dont even know who we are. I sit in envy of those who are settled in their lives, with a good family, good job, nice car and a nice house. Are these the only things we work and live for? Part of me wants to live for the moment but part of me says I need to plan everything. Which one do I choose?

Ball Breaker and I often joke about the way our lives have turned out. She always brings up the idea of getting a couple of 6 pack UDLs and hanging out by the Yarra; just me, her and the future. And we always tell ourselves, we will still be doing this in 5 years. Man, that's scary. When will we settle? God only knows. And why should we settle? I'm so not into a life that's full of routine, day in and day out. Some people work all their lives to achieve this routine. Why???

Maybe this weekend Ball Breaker and I will actually hang by the Yarra with our UDLs...... just me, her and the future.....

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:57 PM

    Babe, u sound like u are in a mid life crisis... u r not thinking of babies i hope! I'm not ready yet... u can't have one till i'm ready... Stick to your words! 5 more years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:12 AM

    Dear,

    You do have a good loving family ( not just ur mum and dad but your very immediate friends around u ) , u have a new awesome car, a nice new cozy house and good job.

    But you are living the MOMENT too.

    Life is not just being settled. Life is about knowing your priorities but still knowing how to enjoy yourself and working around them. Being contented and settled is a state of mind, not conforming social norms just becoz it is expected of u.

    You have the best of both worlds... don't you realise it?

    Sorry,
    can't help blabbling when it comes to this..

    SS/Dr Feel Good

    ReplyDelete