Google

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dinner With Sock Boy

It's always good to catch up with old friends and this I did couple of nights ago. I met up with Free & Easy at 3 Degrees for a few drinks while waiting for Ball Breaker. Sock Boy was supposed to meet me at 3 Degrees at 6pm but you cant teach an old dog new tricks. He didnt show up till 8.30! Ball Breaker and Sock Boy are really old friends and this didnt seem like anything new to her. Apparently he's famous for being late. Thank God F&E was there to keep me company. F&E had problems of his own. He had spoken to me earlier on in the day and was feeling rather depressed over his new target. He's doing all the giving and she's doing all the taking. And so he has now decided to just be free and easy, thus his new name F&E. The poor boy thinks this is karma. He's let down too many girls in his life and this is retribution. From the sounds of things, it seems like this girl is taking him for a ride. But he obviously doesnt think so. She keeps telling him that she's not ready. Should he keep waiting for her to be ready?

Mr S and Swing Sister dropped by to meet us too, and all of a sudden it seemed like a big party at 3 Degrees when Siew Yum and November Cleo showed up.

Ball Breaker and I ended up going to Meshiya for dinner and Sock Boy met us there. I cant believe he was so late and couldnt even give me a call to tell me he was going to be late. He deserved to pay the bill that night! Hmmmpph! I enjoyed dinner and tried the Sashimi Moriawasen bento box this time instead of the Chirashi Don. It was just as yummy. For some reason Ball Breaker ended up with food poisoning all night and we both ordered the same thing!

Sock Boy was very nervous and anxious about his upcoming wedding reception. He was whinging alot about his future wife and how demanding she's been of late. She wants renovations and refurbishments done to their house and she wants them done yesterday. And done with top quality accessories. They spent $12K on their sofa alone!! Poor Sock Boy. Ball Breaker and I tried to tell him that she's nervous too about her family coming from overseas and she wants them to see that she's marrying well.

It's such a shame that I wont be here to attend the wedding at the end of this year. I would've loved to have been there. But the highlight of the night was when Sock Boy told us that Bob had invited him to his wedding in KL. WTF? Sock Boy was a little surprised, as he isnt really Bob's friend. Obviously Sock Boy cant attend his wedding in KL cos he's got his own wedding to organise, but I doubt he would go even if he wasnt getting married himself. But I dont think Bob is aware that Sock Boy is getting married. Looks like the whole of Melbourne is invited to Bob's wedding in KL apart from Ball Breaker, Princess Model and myself; errr.....but nobody is going. Well, that saves me some money to shop more in KL :-)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:14 PM

    poor sockboy!! hopefully his wife will stop whining and enjoy the wedding :-)

    ReplyDelete