Google

Friday, August 24, 2007

CK Bar

Caught up with WMDM, Ah Sook and SJ last week for drinks at 3 Degrees. Ah Sook really gives me the creeps. He's so sleazy it ain't funny. But hanging out with the oldies has its advantages. Firstly, they are so generous, which is an added bonus for us hard core drinkers. Maybe it's their wealth or maybe they are just very typical chinamen, who always believe that the man should pay for everything. WMDM had asked me about my passion for designer handbags. He wanted to know if I would expect my man, any man for that matter, to buy me handbags. God no! Why the hell would I expect or even let a man buy me luxury items when I can very well afford it myself? Sure, there are some women out there who think their boyfriends or husbands should accomodate their expensive taste by spending insanes amount of money on designer bags, clothes or shoes. But I'm not that kind of woman and neither are my friends (I dont think so anyway). WMDM actually thinks he should be doing this and by doing this, maybe then he can claim ownership over the woman. How very stereo-typical of Chinese men, always thinking that their women are their possession. The more money they lavish on the woman, the greater the share in ownership. SJ and I made it very clear to both oldies that we were certainly not going to succumb to such ancient traditions where the man should take care of the woman. It's certainly nice to be pampered every now and then, but it's not something we expect. And pampering can take many shapes and forms. It doesnt necessarily have to mean expensive gifts.

Siew Yum and November Cleo joined us at 3 Degrees for abit before we headed to Dainty for Szechuan food; the famous chilli chicken place. It is torturous to eat there, but it is so painfully addictive. SJ was dying from the spice and kept referring to herself as having Angelina Jolie lips.

After our delicious dinner, (well I thought it was delicious!) we went into the much talked about CK Bar, next door to Dainty. I had heard so much about this place being the only bar in Melbourne which allows people to indulge in a habit that's been banned at all bars, nightclubs and restaurants. It was great! Unfortunately I didnt get to try the much hyped about CK Bomb and judging from what people have told me, I dont think I really want to. Everyone I know who's tried the CK Bomb has not been able to walk straight after the shot. I'll keep that in mind if and when I need to get smashed in a hurry.

I must admit that I wasnt totally sober when I got to CK Bar, therefore didnt get to have a good look around the place. The service is great and the place kind of reminded me of a Chinese karaoke bar, without the karaoke. Being there with Siew Yum and November Cleo was a disaster and a half. The animals refused to leave. Siew Yum was so pissed and I still dont know what she was celebrating on a Wednesday night. I got home at 2am which was way past my bed time and I swear I will never do this again on a school night. It wasnt pretty at work the next day. I dont know if it's something about CK Bar cos the last time Ball Breaker was there, she didnt leave till 2 am as well. And on a separate occassion when Swing Sister was last there, she certainly didnt make it out of there sober. Or maybe it's just hanging out with Siew Yum and November Cleo. They are very scary!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:33 PM

    I want men to wine me, dine me and buy me gifts yet I have to be in control of my life and to take partial ownership of their life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, u'r one hard woman to please!!! How am I going to find u a man who will lavish $$$ on u, not be too submissive (cos u'll get bored), let u control your own life and his on top of all that??? I will start a dating agency for you ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:44 PM

    Now you understand why I can't get a boyfriend?
    You seriously need to start an agency for me but make sure your male clients don't look like they've fallen and knocked their head. Ohh... and if ball breaker thinks they are hot, you can take them off the list for me, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In that case, I must only allow the really "ugly" guys into my agency. My thrash should be your treasure.....

    ReplyDelete