Google

Friday, February 02, 2007

Crashing The Party




Went to Old Kingdom last night for dinner. Ball Breaker celebrated her birthday yet again. Well, she hasnt really had a birthday dinner yet, so last night was as good as any night. Ordered three ducks for eight people. Old Kingdom, famous mainly for their Peking Duck was true to form and we all enjoyed a scrumptious meal.

The plan after dinner was to crash Bob's second farewell party. To cut a long story short, I had asked Bob earlier in the week if we were catching up for drinks before he leaves, but I got no reply whatsoever from him. Then on Wednesday, I find out from Siew Yum that he was infact meeting the lesbians for drinks last night at a new bar called Red Hummingbird. Hmmm.... Interesting. I then draw to the point and emailed Bob to ask why he hadnt told me about drinks and asked if I would be seeing him before he leaves. I do get a response but not one word about the venue of drinks and no, he didnt even ask me to go along. I guess it's really come down to this. FF has come up on top in all this. This was never a competition in the first place but if they want to make it one, I cant help it. So, seven of us headed down to Red Hummingbird to crash the party. Well, we didnt really crash the party cos Siew Yum and November Cleo had rang me earlier in the day and invited me to this "party". There was certainly a look of surprise when Ball Breaker and I walked through the doors at Red Hummingbird. Siew Yum and November Cleo were so happy to see us, expecting us to have brought them take away Peking Duck. Get real! If there was any duck left, we would've devoured it all. Are you girls crazy? When Bob left the bar, all I got from him was "see you later" and a peck on the cheek. No "take care", "you must come visit", "I'm gonna miss you", nothing! Am I bitter? I guess so. Fifteen years of friendship all down the drain. And I thought he was one friend that could stand the test of time. People come and people go. My new motto is out with the old and in with the new. If you dont get rid of the old, how can you welcome the new?

Siew Yum was not too happy last night and thought the best way to kill pain is to drink. And that she did alot of. By 10pm she was hugging the toilet bowl like it was her best friend. She was in no condition to drive home so I offered to drive her back to my place and she could spend the night there. In the end November Cleo drove her home and I took Siew Yum's car back to my place. And this was just the start of my adventurous night. What a disaster it was! First of all, when I was given the car keys and the remote control, I wasnt given the exact location of the car. Great! Was not looking forward to searching the whole of Lonsdale St. for a silver Honda Civic. Thank God we found it. Then the remote control wouldnt work. So I thought I'd just use the keys to open the door. Bad mistake! As soon as I had the key in the ignition, the alarm was triggered and between Ball Breaker, MM and myself, we couldnt get it to stop. Well, MM just stood around and laughed all night. She really didnt do much else. The alarm went off for atleast 40 minutes. Can you imagine the stares we were getting from all the cars going by? People must've thought we were trying to steal the car! But to my surprise, genuinely nice people still exist in our streets of Melbourne. A group of Aussie boys stopped to help us get the car bonnet open. Yes, the three of us couldnt even lift the hood off the car. How sad. After popping the hood, we still couldnt disarm the alarm or the immobiliser. Then two Vietnamese guys came to see what all the commotion was about. Ball Breaker and I started to get worried when one of the guys jumped into the driver seat. So bad of us to mistake his kindness for something else. Eventually, he hot wired the car (or did something dodgy) and got it started, disarmed both immobiliser and the alarm. He was a legend. His other Vietnamese friend also fixed the non-functioning remote control. Wow...these boys were good. We said our thanks and they left. The Aussie boys on the other hand, hung around a bit before driving off. Actually, they didnt really drive off, they were waiting for me around the corner. The boys followed me all the way down Lygon St. trying to get me to pull over and give them my phone number. WTF? One kept asking if he could take me out to dinner. Boys, I really appreciated your help last night but no, I dont want to f**k any of you.

What an eventful night it was from a satisying dinner, to crashing a party, to trying to break into a car, to getting stalked and picked up by 19 year old boys. Well, they looked 19 to me. These funny things only seem to happen to Ball Breaker and myself. But if not for events like this, where would I find stories to write about?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:09 PM

    أصوات مثل الكثير من المرح ، ولكنني اعتقد ان مجموعة يستهلك الكثير من الكحول والتي ليس من مصلحة الصحة

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:28 PM

    disappointed to hear that abt bob.. bugger..

    Wish BB a Happy Birthday on my behalf :)

    Miss 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:31 AM

    i cant believe that he did not invite you to his farewell!! I'm so dissapointed it's not funny...I guess ppl like that are not worth having as friends...hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Err..for the arabic writer, a glass of wine a day is good for the health ok ;)

    Miss 3, such is life, u win some and u lose some...

    Lastly, u'r right, not worth having as a friend, pity though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:47 PM

    Thanks Ms 3!
    Ballbreaker is one year older - but if you listen to pop culture - none the wiser!

    ReplyDelete