Google

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Revenge of The Ex-es


Yee Sang @ Red Emperor - yummy....

Had Chinese New Year dinner last night with Cutey, her sister, her mom and Ball Breaker. We went to
Red Emperor in Southbank and had the traditional "low hei". It's a lot better than what we are used to in Malaysia. The low hei at Red Emperor was impressively full of raw salmon unlike what we get in KL. It was scrumptious. I'm not a huge fan of yee sang but the one at Red Emperor was really good. Even Ball Breaker enjoyed it! Cutey had also pre-ordered "Beggars Chicken" two days in advance. The dish was massive and thank God we didnt over order, as we usually do with Cutey around. The chicken was beautiful, the meat so tender, it melts in your mouth. The service was impeccable plus we had the added bonus of being served by one of the owners herself. The night was good and made me wish I was home in KL celebrating Chinese New Year with my family. Sadly, I havent done this in many, many years.


Beggar's Chicken - 48 hour order notice

After a few glasses of Sauvignon Blancs (nothing but Marlborough, NZ) Cutey decides to call JY in Germany to wish him a happy new year. Well, I dont think she really wanted to speak to him. She just wanted to tease Ball Breaker. JY was apparently sick and in bed but rather obviously surprised to hear from Cutey. I bet his immediate reaction was to think that something is wrong with Ball Breaker that's why her friends are calling him. The conversation was short and sweet with Ball Breaker lost for words; and believe me, this is a first. Ball Breaker was dumbfounded and couldnt believe Cutey just called her ex-boyfriend in Germany! Two ways to shut her up I've discovered, give her a smacky E and ring up her ex. After the phone conversation, he sms-ed Cutey to thank her for calling and to also find out if something was indeed wrong with Ball Breaker. Cutey should've told him Ball Breaker was having a mental breakdown and has gone mad cos she really has.


Then, of all nights, Trash decides to call Ball Breaker last night. Ball Breaker didnt answer the phone but got a voicemail message from Trash. Another ex; my ex-friend and Cutey's ex-girlfriend. So, after dinner, Ball Breaker calls her back. It's confirmed that Trash and 501 are getting married; on March 18th to be specific. So, while Trash craps on about her wedding plans to Ball Breaker, Cutey and I are in fits of laughter. Trash has given up her job "flying" (hostie with Virgin - basically waitress in the sky and with Virgin, you're not even really a waitress). So, she's gonna get married and become a lady of leisure in her 1.3 million dollar mansion. Why? This has always been her dream from when I first met her. Never had any aspirations or ambitions to succeed career wise but always aimed to marry a rich man and live happily ever after. Atleast she's met her goals in life. Cant say the same for myself. Maybe my expectations are just too high. If I had've just aimed to finish school, find a rich man, marry him and live in a mansion as a lady of leisure, I'm pretty darn sure I would've achieved this five years ago. So, the wedding is going to be held in 501's house and apparently the marquee will be erected on the tennis court. Fancy. The parents are not too happy about the arrangements though. Like any Asian family, they were hoping the wedding would be in a typical reception where they could invite atleast 800 people. Typical. So, Ball Breaker has finally gotten an invitation just 3 weeks before the wedding. And she was worried her ex-school mate (hah! another ex...) forgot to invite her. And before I forget, Trash mentioned to Ball Breaker that she wanted to go back to school to study fashion design. WTF? I shouldnt be like that. She could potentially be a hot fashion designer in the future.


As if two ex-es in one night was not enough, I pick up the phone to call Baby; another one of Cutey's ex-girlfriends. Well, Ball Breaker was not happy about Cutey calling her ex, so she had to call one of Cutey's ex-es to get her back. This time I got on the phone and spoke to Baby. Wished her a happy new year and then drilled her about her life in Ipoh. She's engaged to be married next March. WTF? And she told me she's been with this guy for over a year and a half. If my calculations are correct, Baby was here January last year and she was still with Cutey then. This is interesting. Cutey doesnt really care cause she already had TOT. So, it does take one to know one. Baby is thinking of moving to Australia next year and she may come to Melbourne or move to Sydney. How very interesting.


The night ended with the three of us in tears of laughter. From what I heard, Ball Breaker then went to Cutey's after dinner and stayed there till 7.30 this morning! Siew Yum and November Cleo were over there too, drinking and smoking. I cant believe Siew Yum gave in to peer pressure. Lucky for me I wasnt persuaded to go over cos I would've left feeling grumpy.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:20 PM

    Writer2006....whats this business about trash being your ex-friend??? Isnt it meant to read EBF???
    Cutey - You will pay for calling him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:57 PM

    OMG.....Cutey called Germany..BB must have had a FIT! As for baby...too bad I never got to get to know her...she was never one of my favorites (lookswise and the little interaction I had...)
    Thank god Cutey does not have Mr. Racers number....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. blardy hell...even i didn't get an invite..and I WAS family...BB...see? see? bitch bout her not calling u...now u got invited..going or not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ball Breaker - you're absolutely right! It should say EBF, not ex-friend ;)

    Piggy - I have Mr Racer's number, should I pass it on to Cutey?

    Torture a confession - hahaha! I forgot u were family with Trash, maybe you should go to the wedding as Ball Breaker's date!!! muahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:19 AM

    torture a confession - This is the PLAN: U r cumin as my date & we will get so drunk that we'll pull down the marquee, then skinny dip in their pool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ball Breaker - Imagine if you, me, Torture a confession and Cutey rock up to the wedding together! It will be too funny. I should bring The Mouse along too.....
    muahahahahah ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahha...let's crash the wedding!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's let's.....muahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete