Google

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

When Friendship Is Like Fashion

I once read an article that stated; "there are 3 reasons for why people come into our lives". What could these 3 reasons be? Friendships come in many shapes and sizes. How do we determine if someone is worth keeping as a friend? Shouldnt we all be generous and accept people as they are? My view is that friendships are like fashion. I personally have several Chanel pieces, timeless, classic, reliable and worth keeping forever. I also have some BigW pieces; cheap and nasty. But I try not to discriminate. Just like shopping, I'm happy to shop in Chanel, Gucci, Target, BigW or even Dimmey's.

Unfortunately, this cannot be said for some. I once knew a girl whom I was very close to at the time. Our friendship was indestructible. We were like two peas in a pod. She hung out with all my friends, come to think of it, she didnt have any friends of her own. Well, the point is when she discovered that my group of friends, myself included, was no longer any use to her, she broke the friendship off. She was the type who would hang off me because I knew someone of interest to her. Therefore, it was convenient for her at the time. She was using me and all my friends. When she hooked up with another guy, she became close friends with his group of friends and left the rest behind. There's nothing wrong with getting to know new people but why leave a trail of broken friendships behind? At the time we were friends, I truly thought she'd be a Chanel piece. Boy was I wrong. She was more like a runway fashion item. Hot on the runway for one season but never to be seen again the following season.

I'm truly blessed with a timeless Chanel piece at the moment. I'd also like to think that I can collect more Chanel pieces in the future. My current Chanel is the best friend anyone could ask for. She doesnt judge me, accepts me for who I am and most importantly is in sync with me all the time. She's honest with her criticism, and considerate during my time of need. I hope I can wear this Chanel forever. Thanks babe.

We have a friend who treats us like a runway fashion item. He has the nerve to question why we accept him in the group. To be honest, there are no ulterior motives for our generosity in friendships. We allow you in the group because we like you. Well, we used to anyway. It's not because of your good looks, the car you drive, the house you own or even the job you have. Who gives a sh*t? It infuriates me when I hear you complain about my group of friends and yet you persist on hanging around us. Maybe it's our group that makes you look good. Ever think of that? I've heard too many complaints about people not taking the time to get to know you. Have you given anyone that opportunity yourself? I'm always trying to organise events away from the clubbing scene so we can all sit down, have dinner and exchange intellectual conversations. It's not my fault you choose not to be a part of this. Just because we dont grovel at your feet doesnt make us bad friends. And it was never intended to be anyone against anyone. Unfortunately, this was just a figment of your deranged imagination. We were all here when you needed us most. Who did you spend most of your time with when you were going through that life changing event?

I once had another Chanel piece in my life that chose to run away. All this drama over a woman. I kept you in my wardrobe for over 15 years and in a blink of an eye, you made the choice of leaving. It's not my fault I was the other woman in your relationship. It's not my fault she's just a Dimmey's item. I've always respected your choice, regardless of it being Chanel or Dimmey's. So, it was my fault for letting the cat out of the bag. I should never have revealed my true feelings towards her. Maybe people will just be happy living with false pretences and lies. Then we would all remain one big happy family.....???

So, 3 reasons why people come into my life....let's see
1. So I can learn something from them
2. So I can teach them something
3. So, in the end they can just run off and piss me off

Great, no wonder they say we should keep our friends close but our enemies closer. I've been blessed with many good friends whom I will always cherish if not like a Chanel, atleast like a Gucci. Friends will always come and go. Not many will stand the test of time. I've gained several new groups of friends in recent times. The Lesbians are one of my favourites. So unpretentious and just a whole lot of fun to be around. The Altar Boys as they like to be known, are a truly comedic bunch. But only time will tell if these people will remain mere acquaintances or Chanel pieces. I just hope someone out there thinks I'm their Chanel.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:47 PM

    Your MY Chanel Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks babe...you're more than a Chanel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:18 PM

    انت بلدي السجائر والمخدرات سيئة

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:50 PM

    you're MY CHANNEL too!!! muaks!! oinks

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are who I think you are, you're my Chanel too!

    And to some, I'm their bad drug?? Must be addictive....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:53 PM

    Hey anonymous...arent i your fucken chanel???
    Is this how its going to be now between the four of us?? That i get traded and demoted weekly???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit lost as to who anonymous is????

    Piggy?
    November Cleo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not all Chanel are classic and timeless, such as their current 2.55 in patent leather - absolutely ugly. Hence, it depends a lot on how we choose our Chanel. I personally fancy the Vuitton's monograms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont mind LV babe :( but Chanel is still classic to me...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:57 PM

    LL - patent rocks!
    & dont dis my brand baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Hey, what about Vic Market? Cheap but fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HYC - I like Vic Market too ok .... you're not wrong there, cheap and fresh!!!

    ReplyDelete