Google

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Eve & Long Room

After staying home Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, I thought I'd make an effort to put on my party dress and go out on Sunday night. Cutey had an event at Eve and that was the destination for the night. Most of the gang were still recovering from Saturday night. They all had a big one and all ended up camping out at QV. Some continued to party, some just crashed out to recover. Ball Breaker and I had decided that if nobody was up for Eve, we'd go anyway. Plus I had already organised with BBs to go to Eve. Another NBF. Love ya babe :-)

I got to QV and everyone there looked kinda scary. The only one in a chirpy and cheery mood was Princess Model, with or without substances. JC was right when she said at Summadayze that everyone looked scary. Some looked ready to kill! Well, they did pose for the camera though.

Ball Breaker brought Easter eggs for everyone and she made us play some Easter game where each person gets a painted boiled egg and tries to crack the next person's egg. The one left with an uncracked egg is made the winner. I had the strongest boiled egg that night, it didnt crack under pressure! While waiting for everyone to get dressed, Ball Breaker and I almost finished a bottle of Sav Blanc. We all jumped into a maxi cab and headed to Eve. Bad mistake. I really should've driven there cos I had this feeling all of us would part separately, even though we all went there together.

Eve was packed to the max. A very trendy club, but just way too many people on the night. The R & B room sucked big time. The crowd was wrong, the dancefloor was wrong (who dances on carpet?) and no comment on the music. The best room in the place was our VIP area. Unfortunately, there's no smoking in the club. The tiny smoking area they call a courtyard was jam packed like a can of sardines. With the ban on smoking in clubs creeping up soon, will this affect the business of nightclubs and bars, or will it just make more people quit smoking? Well, the no smoking rule at Eve just made me light up illegally in the VIP area. What's the worse thing that could've happened? The bouncers would've just told me off and I would've then butted my cigarette out. No big deal. Except I didnt get told off at all, was smoking freely (and illegally). Ball Breaker did get told off for smoking in the disabled toilets though. To make matters worse, she wasnt even smoking in the toilets!

Kam and 007 were there. I was surprised to see 007 actually. He's not usually at these events. Swing Sister and SJ were not happy to be at Eve. Well SJ was forced into going in the first place. As for Swing Sister, the music wasnt right I guess. When they all decided to leave, I decided to stay on and party with BBs. I was a little disappointed all my friends left me there. However, I knew they werent gonna be much fun anyway cos we were all on different wavelengths that night. At the time they left, I had no idea where BBs was. So, I was practically left there on my own. Well, I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself......pfft pfft.....

When BBs emerged, we decided to lose the joint and head home, detouring pass Long Room first. Kam was playing there and we asked him to get us in but he couldnt, which meant we'd have to pay to get in. Lucky BBs is connected. She knew the organiser for the night and he let us both in for free. When we headed to the bar, turned out that BBs knew one of the bar tenders as well. So, we didnt pay for a round of drinks either. Towards the end of the night, BBs gets a call from Ball Breaker, who was in a foul mood, so we told her to join us at Long Room.

Ball Breaker rocked up within minutes and was blurting out her heated experience faster than the speed of light. Even Kam couldnt understand her. She apparently had a minor tiff with Swing Sister after they left Eve. Oh and I am apparently the cause of this. Ball Breaker was annoyed that everyone had left me at Eve to fend for myself (as though there were hundreds of hungry men at Eve waiting to devour me). I was very touched by Ball Breaker and I was a little annoyed on the night but it's over now. Who cares? I had a fabulous time with BBs and I knew I would anyway. She is lots of fun although she made me listen to her blabber earlier on in the night. I'm not complaining, funny that, cos I'm just wondering if it's because of the alcohol or because she's comfortable around me. Anyhow, the moral of the story is to stick to friends who will just drink the night away with me with no added substances. I've learned my lesson.....and I gather, so has Ball Breaker.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:29 PM

    do you normally complain if people blabber at you?? ok...now i know..i will try not to blabber. i think it's a combination of alcohol, me being comfortable with our new NBF status and the fact that no one else was there but you???=p see ya tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO!!!! Not complaining at all....just wondering...NBF, I'm a good listener ok?? Blabber all you want!

    ReplyDelete