Google

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Bob's BBQ

Early start on Saturday. Well, as early as we could make it. Took Piggy and Soccer Lover to have Vietnamese noodles for lunch in Richmond. Then, did a bit of shopping on Smith St. Starfish met up with us at Smith St. too. The weather had been good the last couple of days, extremely hot actually. I dont quite mind it. I really hate the cold. The warmer the weather, the less effort for me to get dressed. I dont have to throw on layers and layers of clothing. I can run around in my skimpy outfits (sorry to disappoint, but you'll never really find me in skimpy outfits).

We showed up fashionably late to Bob's birthday bbq. Well, I have international guests to entertain and having Vietnamese food and shopping was more of a priority. There was an obvious segregation among the people at the party. I stuck by Piggy, Starfish, Cutey, Siew Yum, November Cleo and Sookie all day. Actually, we ate out in the backyard and stayed out there to play gin rummy all day and all night, rarely stepping foot into the house unless nature called. FF joined us on the rummy table towards the end of the night. Even then, it was only to take over from RH. Soccer Lover cleaned up at the poker table. Some say it's beginner's luck, I actually think he lead everyone to believe it was beginner's luck! Good work. Ball Breaker and Princess Model couldnt make it to the bbq. Ball Breaker had a family thing to attend and Princess Model was at a wedding. It would've been painful for some if the three of us were together!

This year must be a good year for weddings. It's going to be the year of the Pig. VVB and Sookie are getting married, Piggy and Soccer Lover are getting married, I believe Bob's wedding will also fall in the year of the Pig. Anyone else? I'm so touched that Piggy has asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. This means, I will have to be back in KL before the wedding to help and to attend the hen's night, which is tentatively going to be in Bangkok. Yipee!!

No real partying on Saturday, had to conserve energy for New Year's Eve. We didnt even drink at Bob's bbq. What a surprise.

2 comments:

  1. Eh... get back to work mate! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sookie is it? I thought it was Suki...now I know what it means! Eh, I am working ok? Multi tasking! kekeke...

    ReplyDelete