Google

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Rocking At Eve

Had lunch with Siew Yum, Kam and Goofy on Friday down in Williamstown. We were planning an afternoon of food, booze and pool. But after the food and the booze, I was so not motivated to play pool. I was just happy to sit around, chat and drink my Sauvignon Blanc. And the plan now is to stick to NZ Sauvignon Blanc. As Siew Yum says, we are going through water restrictions and Melbourne has no more water. She overheard on the radio, some smart ass said that alcohol consumers are consuming all the water because they drink so much even though they are not thirsty. So, if we drink a NZ product, we wont be contributing to the shortage of water here. Well, any excuse really for wine. The plan was for me to have two glasses of wine and go home, get ready and head off to Eve. But Kam and Siew Yum are total trouble makers. One bottle after another. I ended up getting to Eve right on 8 o'clock. I was supposed to be there at 7.45pm. Not a bad effort considering I showered and got dressed in under 10 minutes!

Eve was rocking all night. Such a pity I had to work. The music was fantastic. They played a huge variety of tunes from Justin Timberlake to Sneaky Sound System to even New Kids On The Block. Can you believe that? They actually played "The Right Stuff" by NKOTB. What a trip down memory lane. Weather on the night was horrible though. It was so hot and humid, I nearly died in my little corner at the the cash registers. The biggest perk being in that position was I got to scrutinise the crowd as they walked in. So many good looking people, both men and women. There was a huge gathering of people from the media in anticipation of the tennis stars. I saw Nadia Petrova and Mario Ancic arrive in a Lamborghini. Saw some other not so famous tennis players. Starfish got picked up by one as a matter of fact. He was hot! I've never heard of him in my life, but he was hot. Alexander Waske is his name and he was very sweet that night. He felt sorry for me having to work in the heat and so he brought me a drink. Then he gave Starfish his phone number and I'm guessing she's called him. But the poor guy lost his match in the Australian Open on Sunday and had to go home the next day. He's promised to take Starfish out to dinner next year though. Like Ball Breaker said, atleast Starfish has a date on the horizon. Also saw Jelena Jankovic (believe me I had no idea who the f**k she was on the night). When she got to the door, I told her to wait in line like everyone else and she said to me "you dont know who I am?" I felt like saying "No bitch, who the hell are you?" But I didnt. I knew after she said that she had to be a tennis player or someone, so I didnt pursue the issue. What an arrogant b*tch! I later googled her and she's truly a nobody, no wonder I've never heard of her.

Princess Model sms-ed me and I told her I was on the look out for The Big One. No sign of him that night. Maybe he was at the Australian Open all night. Who knows. Swing Sister was the best. She tried to keep me company most of the night. She brought me drinks and hung out with me, unlike some people. Ball Breaker was nowhere to be seen all night. The only time she came to me was when she needed a tampon! I'm glad she actually had a target that night and had to work on him. Swing Sister was upset with Ball Breaker all night because of the dress she was wearing. It was so funny to see Swing Sister so distressed over this wardrobe malfunction. Swing Sister wants to give Ball Breaker tips on how to dress. That's too funny.

The Lavish crew showed up early on in the night to check the place out. Cutey thought the place was nice and thought I was very cute working at a nightclub. I'm in no rush to give up my day job ok. I was merely helping TQ out. Kam came down with Azamat and 007. Even my old high school buddy BL showed up. Sorry boys, I didnt get a chance to have a drink with you guys. BL, we'll catch up again real soon. Siew Yum and November Cleo were supposed to come for a bit but decided to go to VVB and Sookie's wedding rehearsals instead. Where are your priorities?? Kekeke :-)

VB worked the door pretty much all night. He wasnt impressed with my tardiness earlier on in the night. Hang on a second. I wasnt even that late! Why was he behaving like the boss? I dont think he was happy either when I kept going out the front for a smoke break. I only had two smoke breaks all night! I think everyone had a good time, some left early, some left when I knocked off at 3am and one even left with The Terrorist. Well, shit happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment