Google

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Has Come And Gone

It's been a long week and I cant believe I'm already half way through my leave :( Christmas Eve was a full day for me having attended two Christmas parties. I got some great presents this year. How very nice and thoughtful of everyone. By the end of Christmas Eve, all I wanted to do was go to bed. I was supposed to catch up with Marsha, Mr S, Swing Sister, Cutey and TOT but I just couldnt be f**ked. And I slept through Christmas!! I was in bed asleep before midnight!

Went to
Gin Palace on Christmas night. Practically every establishment in Melbourne was closed on Christmas Day. Even the whole of Lygon St was dark and empty. Caught up with Miss 3 (finally) and VB. Mr S and Swing Sister came to join us as well. Miss 3 also had two friends come to meet us at Gin Palace. It was a good night, rather mellow. I had two revolting cocktails - never order cocktails at Gin Palace!! I ordered a Lychee Caipiroska and a French Martini and

they both sucked big time. I think I'll stick to Sauvignon Blanc next time I go to Gin Palace. Everyone ended up going to Seven and I just went home. Marsha wasnt with us so I wasnt in the mood to go clubbing. Well, I also had to be up early to usher our Princess Model from the airport. Another early night. I've been doing well so far in preparation for the arrival of Princess Model!

Got Princess Model at around 9.30am and headed straight back to Docklands. It was Boxing Day and start of the mega, mega sales. I couldnt believe that Myer and David Jones actually opened their doors at 7am! And people actually lined up outside from 6am in anticipation to grab themselves a piece of the bargain. Now, that's dedication.

We had planned to hit the shops straight from the airport but as usual, the plan wasnt to be. Instead, Princess Model, Miss 3 and myself settled in to
Liquid for a relaxing brunch while we waited for Marsha. The three of us were in serious discussion about this "blob". Sometimes, we just cant please everybody and at some stage, someone is going to get hurt. How my words can have such a profound effect on some people, I will never know. But I do thank you for the people who take the time to read my bulls**t. Anyway, back to the day, we ended up spending all morning at the Docklands and finally headed into the city at 2pm. It was a meat market in the city. Even the carpark at QV was full. It took us 20 minutes just to walk through Myer. Miss 3 bought 4 pairs of shoes. Geez, the woman does have a shoe fetish! And I totally understand where she's coming from. Princess Model was very good. She didnt buy a single thing! We had a late lunch at Ken Zan and Dopey joined us for some Sake towards the end of the afternoon. Swing Sister joined us at Ken Zan. She couldnt make it to shopping as she was still recovering from the night before. She was naughty, naughty, naughty!Cutey also came to meet us at Ken Zan and insisted we go shopping with her. By that stage, everyone was suffering from post shopping exhaustion. Miss 3 had organised for VB to make us dinner so we couldnt wait to leave the city and head there. Marsha didnt get to satisfy her addiction to alcohol all day and kept pestering us to go to Cookie for just one drink. Yum and November Cleo were at Cookie but nobody (well, apart from Marsha) was motivated enough for a Lychee Caipiroska. We ended up going straight to VB's.
VB made roast lamb and roast vegies for dinner. It was yummy. I suspect he didnt prepare the whole meal himself. Marsha downed a bottle of red by herself and Princess Model, Miss 3 and myself modestly shared four bottles of whites! Swing Sister was out of it. The night before must've been a huge night cos Swing Sister didnt touch a drop of alcohol at all. I always have so much fun when the group of us get together for dinner and drinks at someone's house. We should do this more often. Marsha was totally drunk. At some point in the night, she started to annoy the boys and it resulted in them wrestling her down to the ground. The girls were in fits of laughter and Marsha was understandably annoyed with us for laughing and taking photos! Poor girl.The girls also gave us a demonstration of their flexibility. One of them proved to us that she was once a ballerina and a gymnast. You go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment