Google

Monday, December 04, 2006

Korean BBQ Again


Thought this song would be appropriate to sum up my weekend - "I love it" by Sneaky Sound System. I love my shoes and my handbags. I love my friends. I love a good party. I just love it all!

Saturday we all met up again at KC's bbq. True Korean style bbq, with rice and kimchi. Korean bbq for the second time in two days. It was awesome, the food I meant. The party was rather mellow. Nothing like the bbq's we throw. Ball Breaker showed up fashionably late. Well, she had to work that day. Yen didnt show up. Bitch! And she promised to come and play cards with us. TOT was hung over from the night before. She said I ignored her at Lavish. Damn! I'm sure I saw her around. Forgive me, but I dont think I could quite focus at Lavish. The wonderful effects of alcohol. I was good at the bbq, not one drop of alcohol. Was planning on staying all night and having a few drinks but when some of the party decided to mull up, it was time for me to go. Ball Breaker knew this would drive me to leave and she wanted me to stay there with her. If Princess Model was here, she would stay, not me. Ball Breaker was funny, stupid funny. I really couldnt stay to watch people get stoned and act silly. It annoys me. Maybe because I'm not on the same wavelength as them. Whatever. Hippo was there with his new girlfriend. She looked about 17 and virginal. Exactly what Hippo is looking for in a wife. I guess he's found what he's looking for. Half way through the night Hippo was apparently enjoying a private massage in the bedroom, not only from his girlfriend but from the girlfriend's friend as well. Nice.
Miss PJ was also at the bbq. It's amazing how small the world is. She used to work with KC and I know her from having worked with her in a Malaysian restaurant once upon a donkey years. So, we sorta go way back. She also used to go out with a friend of mine back then. She was a real bitch. I think she still is. A pretentious one too. Every now and then I see her at these bbqs and she never fails to ask me the same damn thing. "Where are you working?" "Oh, you used to work at the restaurant too?" Firstly, I'm still working at the same place, have been for nearly four years. Secondly, we used to work at the restaurant together. If she cant give a damn about making conversation, then why talk to me? Stay away from me! It just annoys me when people think they are making conversation by asking you the same thing over and over again. They must think I'm stupid.

Spent Sunday on Smith St. having lunch and doing some shopping. As usual, could not resist buying a pair of shoes. What is with women and their shoes and handbags? I dont know, but I love it. On the way home, VB rang to invite us over for dinner. When I got home, Ball Breaker rang and decided to invite herself over for dinner as well, which was cool with me. I then spoke to Cutey and told her I was going to VB's for dinner. Before I could say anything further, she had already yelled out to TOT, Swing Sister and Mr S that they are all going to VB's for dinner. When I told VB, I dont think he was too pleased. I think he was hoping to have a quiet dinner with a selected few people. VB made pasta and it was delicious. True to his word when he said he could make a mean pasta. The food was so good that there wasnt enough to go around. VB even prepared dessert of strawberries and cream. Yummy :)
Cutey, TOT, Mr S and Swing Sister all went for a massage down at Vigorous before going to VB's. The bitches didnt even call me! Hmmmph..... Vigorous is a Thai massage place in North Melbourne which Princess Model came across while looking for a place to get a manicure. Yes, some people have all the time in the world to pamper themselves. The massages there are pretty good, comparable to the real thing in Thailand. I actually think it's better than Thailand. It's cleaner! But it's obviously a lot more expensive than the original thing. I need to head down there myself one of these days.
VB told us that KC wasnt too pleased that nobody brought anything to his bbq on Saturday. KC felt that he has always put in for people's birthday and house warming gifts but when he throws a bbq, nobody brings anything. I think he's a little sore cos he didnt get a birthday gift from us either. Firstly, he did not tell anyone it was a house warming bbq. Let me tell you, with us, we can be extremely generous but we also know that if you dont advertise it, you dont get anything. Had KC have just told all of us that it was a house warming bbq, no doubt we would've brought him a present. Secondly, he didnt have a birthday party this year. I didnt even know it was his birthday until the day. So, bottom line is, it's his fault and not ours. I asked VB if he got KC anything and he told me he gave KC hair products. Hardly a house warming gift. And what did VB give KC for his birthday? Apparently he took KC out for dinner and bought him drinks. If KC had a birthday dinner, we would've all bought him dinner and drinks. I never realised KC could be this sensitive. Or could VB just be making all this up? The executive decision from the group is to get KC a Xmas present. It's too late for a house warming or birthday gift.
We settled in to a DVD after dinner. Ball Breaker took off straight after dinner cos she had to go back to work. Something about a machine breaking down and the Americans not getting their plastic cups for fruit in time for Xmas. Cutey thought Ball Breaker had to go back to work to physically fix a machine. She even said "I didnt know Ball Breaker was a mechanic". Darling, she's not but she probably thinks she is. The rest of us stayed to watch "Typhoon". It's a Korean/ Thai/ Russian/ American movie. Quite an interesting movie. It centred around two main characters, a rugged looking bad boy and a clean cut good boy. Swing Sister was immediately attracted to the bad boy. He had long greasy hair, battle scars all over his face, rugged facial hair and looked like he hadnt had a wash for over a month. He was totally disgusting. Swing Sister was so funny. She wants Mr S to transform into this thing. Dont cut his hair, dont shave, get a tattoo and some scars on his face and most importantly, dont shower for 2 weeks. He'll get the look naturally, I'm sure. Swing Sister didnt like the good guy at all. Too clean cut and shaven. I thought he wasnt bad looking. I'm not that into Korean guys anyway but he was better looking then the bad guy. At the end of the movie, the bad guy turned out to be not so bad after all and Swing Sister decided she didnt like him anymore cos he wasnt really bad. Funny girl. I know if Ball Breaker stayed, she wouldnt let us watch the movie at all. We'd be watching Channel V all night, listening to Justin Timberlake or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment