Google

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Busiest Week Of My Life II

Wednesday 21st March
I made it to work after getting home at 4am in the morning. The past week has been such a blur to me. I swear to God I'm going into hybernation this week. No more partying till my birthday. To top it all off, last week was the most stressful week for me at work. I've been given the responsibility of running the Williamstown Festival, so every day of the week I've been running around like a headless chook trying to organise the marquee, the AV, the banners, the rosters, the flyers, blah, blah, blah. I was good on Wednesday. No dining out, no drinking (well, not much), no partying. But I did go to Siew Yum's office in the afternoon and had lunch with her, BBs, and November Cleo's brother. They prepared steamboat in the warehouse. Here we were dining in the midst of all the Zhouk clothes. It was yummy!!! There was a tom yum soup base as well as a satay soup base. It was the best steamboat I've had in ages. Siew Yum had gone grocery shopping in Footscray in the morning and the seafood was very deliciously fresh. I couldnt stop eating. Undoubtly, along with steamboat, there must always be drinking involved. Siew Yum cracked open a slab of beer and I pretty much spent all afternoon there eating and drinking. How nice to be able to drink at work. Bloody Siew Yum. Unfortunately BBs had to go back to work after lunch. The poor thing couldnt even have a beer.

Thursday 22nd March
Spent pretty much all day in a daze. Still trying to recover from the weekend before. Caught up with Swing Sister for a few drinks after work. We drank a bottle of wine almost. She was feeling down and needed to talk to me. It's all good now, no dramas. Couldnt hang around with her for too long cos I had to rush back into work. Dramas at work. It is so frustrating when the department springs a random audit on me at 5 and expects the results to be ready by 12 noon the next day. Mother F**kers! As if I dont have enough work to do. This is karma for not doing much work in the last 12 months. Hah! After I finished up at work, I met up with Kam and Ribena for more drinks. I was stressed beyond stressed. It was by far the worst day of my life this year. We were drinking at Kam's and the combination of stress, fatique, exhaustion plus alcohol knocked me out completely. Ribena and Kam continued to drink the night away. I could vaguely hear them downloading music and dancing in the hall way. Crazy animals. I later found out, they even left me at home and went out at one point. Well, I think they went out to buy more cigarettes and coke for the whiskey they were drinking. Speaking of which, thanks to the lesbians, I've developed a taste for Whiskey and water. It's all November Cleo's fault!!! This is now one of my favourite drinks. I think I'm over the sweet Vodka Cranberry Lime mix; too sweet. Whiskey and water, according to Siew Yum, will not give you a hangover. And she's right! It's like drinking water all night. So, half alcohol, half water, must be good for you :-) However, nothing beats a bottle of wine to get me in the mood. It hits me alot quicker than Whiskey.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:17 AM

    Yeah, let's do whisky water, I love it, but only with Black Label or better ones though. It's very Malaysian, I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, we get a bottle this Friday...Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete