Google

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Overview of The Week

I had such a hectic week last week giving me no time whatsoever to blog. Thus, I'm trying to catch up on all the hot goss this week and put it down on paper, well on blogspot actually. For a change, I've actually had to do work at work. Dont laugh. This is truly a new experience for me! This is not to say I just sit back and twiddle my thumbs all day in the office ok. I just have more work now then I did before. Anyway, apologies to my dedicated blog stalkers, namely Piggy, Miss 3 and Princess Model for not updating you guys with something to read all week! Never fear, I will try to always make time for you girls!!!

Met up with Odie and The Princess for dinner on Tuesday. It was so nice to see The Princess. Went to EC Pot in QV which is famous for its claypot chicken rice. Yumms...Surprisingly, these two friends of mine never grow sick of Asian food. The Princess just got in on Monday and is already craving Asian food. As for Odie, she cant live without rice! MH didnt join us cos he was out on a date with Miss T. Wow. Wonder how things are going there? On the night, Odie was frantically trying to book MH an early air ticket (on Sunday 18th March to be precise) to return home to KL. And he's supposed to be here until the 26th. You know why? Miss T was going to KL on Sunday as well on a business trip. Another WH4. MH is such a sweet guy who's just gonna get his heart broken again and again. Hope it'll be worth it.

Wednesday, I was held up in a meeting with Union Reps (aka The Real Lesbians) all day but thankfully managed to escape early in the afternoon to meet up with Odie and The Princess for coffee at
Brunetti in the city. MH, JT and Mama J was there too. Cutey, TOT and Toy Boy came to join us for a bit. When Cutey got there, we started on the wine. MH told me about his plans to go home to KL early. He said he's never done something this outrageous before. He's confirmed to leave Melbourne on Sunday on the same flight as Miss T. I told him that it's better to regret something he's done than something he had no guts to do. MH agreed and with that he had a glass of wine and a drag of a cigarette! Hahaha.... MH is missing home too. The poor thing has had enough of being couped up in the tiny refuge camp of a hotel room with Odie and the whining baby. And since The Princess is here, she can take over. Cutey did tell MH not to invest too much into Miss T. Apparently she's "hard to get". Whatever that means....

Toy Boy was talking to me about the weekend before at Lavish and how the DJs were complaining about Ball Breaker. I told him I could get him a photo of Ball Breaker so staff will know she's banned from the club!!! hahaha... Ofcourse Toy Boy wouldnt allow that. Not a chance. He also wanted my opinion on a birthday gift for his girlfriend. He was planning to take her to the US for a holiday in August. When I told Ball Breaker this, she wanted to know if Toy Boy was gonna buy the girlfriend a one way ticket! Nasty. Not sure if Toy Boy ended up getting the ticket cos he thought August is still a fair way away and he'd really like to get her something she can use now. Gave him a few suggestions, the usual, jewellery, wallet, handbag, etc. He wanted something more romantic. Good luck with it boy.

After drinks, went to Chanel with Cutey and TOT. TOT wanted me to look at a handbag she was interested in. After 5 minutes, TOT made her decision and Cutey bought it for her. How sweet. At $1900, it wasnt too bad. A very classy looking bag which doubles as a clutch. Apart from the patent leather, which is too shiny, the bag is absolutely divine.
Cutey took the rest of them to Dainty Sichuan Restaurant in Chinatown for chilli chicken. I wasnt in the mood for chilli chicken so decided to go home instead. Everyone nearly died from the chilli! As spicy as the chilli dishes are, it is one of the most addictive culinary delights I've ever tasted. Every bite will make your eyes water but you will keep wanting more. Princess Model will so understand this. From my experience, the chilli chicken dish is best served with ice cold beer over a game of gin rummy. Yumm :-) For the Malaysians who all thought they could handle chilli, they were sure in for a surprise that night.

On Thursday, I went to the opening of an art show held in conjunction with the Williamstown Festival. Then met up with Odie, The Princess, Mama J and JT for a coffee at Soul Cafe located in the Grand Mercure Hotel on Swanston St. It's one of the only baby friendly bars in town. With two mothers with their kids in tow, we had to find a place with outdoor sitting to fit the strollers and a bar to fit the alcoholics! Princess Model and Swing Sister were just across the road at Cookie Bar. But I knew if I met up with them, I'd be drinking all night. So settled with the tourists at Soul Cafe instead. I had one glass of white and this place has got to be the place that's great value for money. At $5 a glass of wine, they (no shit) fill it to the brim. The average glass of wine normally served is only half full. At most three quarters full. This one was really full. More like one and a half glasses. Must've been the bar tender's first day at work.

After one drink I was on my way home when I got a call from The Dick! What a wonderful surprise. The Dick is an old, old, old friend of mine from KL and we've always kept in touch until he moved to UK. We still kept in touch then but didnt really get a chance to speak to each other much on the phone. Too expensive! So, he rings me out of the blue this year and he was in Adelaide for work. Wow. I told him Odie and The Princess are in town and he should come down on the weekend. I havent seen him in almost 10 years. It would be so good to see him again. According to him, he's still single, no kids and no hair. There's plenty of single available women in Melbourne, he should come down. The Dick told me he would try to work something out and see if he can get a ticket here but it will be tough, seeing that the F1 is on this weekend. Tickets will be either fully booked or overly, overly priced.

No comments:

Post a Comment