Google

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Lavish With Puteri

Organised dinner last Friday night at Crystal Jade for the tourists. From a reservation of 16 people, only nine showed up. Everyone bailed out at the last minute. And I mean the very last minute. Bloody shit. Food at Crystal Jade is always good. Odie couldnt get enough of the pepper steak as usual. Everytime we go there, we always end up ordering two massive serves of the pepper steak - highly recommended! After dinner we all went to 3 Degrees for a few drinks, minus Odie, baby and Big K. Big K is Odie's sister's best friend. She always glues herself to Odie whenever she's in town. Last time Odie and Puteri were in Melbourne, they stayed with me. And because Big K cannot seem to detach herself from Odie, the fruit loop moved herself into my house as well. WTF? I'm not kidding, she literally moved herself in for a whole week. This time around, Odie and Puteri are staying in a hotel and for more than obvious reasons, Big K has once again moved herself in. Is she like in love with Odie? It's great for Odie to have such a good friend who will follow her day in and day out and be at her every beck and call, but hello??? This is not normal. Big K has even taken a whole week off work to spend with Odie. Does this mean I'm the best friend that doesnt give a shit cos I havent really taken any time off to spend with Odie. Dont get me wrong, I meet up with Odie and Puteri every chance I get to leave work early. But should I be doing more? Should I be the one taking them to Werribee Zoo, the wineries or the children's farm? I am bad. And the thing with Big K is, she isnt very sociable. Sure, I can have a conversation with her, but that's cos I've known her for a long time and also because of the presence of Odie. But apart from that, she is totally arrogant to everyone else around. If not for Odie, I would never see Big K. Even Cutey cant stand her and she's known Big K far longer than I have. Everytime Odie is in town, I get no chance to have dinner or coffee alone with Odie. Big K is always around. Since the last time, I've pretty much given up hope of ever doing dinner with Odie unless I'm in KL. It's just not gonna happen in Melbourne. Having said all this, good for Odie though for having Big K around. She is great help to Odie with the baby. I think Big K is more the god mother to the baby than I am. I'm not making excuses for myself but I'm just no good with little people. Babies look and feel fragile and that scares me. Sorry Odie, I love baby L to bits, but she's scary! If Odie left me to babysit for half a day, I will end up kicking and screaming not the baby.

JT, MH and Puteri came to join the rest of us at 3 Degrees after dinner. Mr S and Swing Sister also came to join us. It was nice of Plastic and his girlfriend to hang out with us for a change. After a few drinks, we moved on to Lavish. Even Plastic and the girlfriend came along. Wow. Unfortunately, I didnt get much of a chance to hang out with them at Lavish. To be honest, I dont even know what time they left the place cos I was too engrossed with drinking and hanging out with Puteri, MH and JT. I didnt even have time for Ball Breaker. Which reminds me, she was on her best behaviour that night. No stumbling on to the dancefloor and knocking over the DJ booth. Good girl. The Nurse showed up at Lavish. It was good to see her. It has been awhile. She seems to have put on a bit of weight but no damage done. She still looks fabulous. Bitch! Lotsa dancing and lotsa photos, not to mention the flow of alcohol as well. Puteri and I were drinking like it was going out of fashion. I dont have much recollection of how many Jaeger Bombs we consumed that night. BBs and Liv were there too but I neglected them too. Cutey was very generous and gave us two bottles of bubbly on the house. I think that killed me. Puteri mentioned that Princess Model wasnt her vibrant self. Princess Model has been like this since she came back from KL. But I sense that she detests hanging out at Lavish too, so that might be it! Princess Model and Swing Sister left Lavish early, leaving Mr S with us. I didnt hang out much with Princess Model or Swing Sister either. Well, I had tourists to take care of. Does this make me a bitch?

I didnt leave Lavish till 4 in the morning and this was when the fun began. Puteri got into my car and JT decides to hop into Kam's car. Hmmm.... The agreement was for us to meet outside Puteri and JT's hotel. Halfway down Spencer St, we lost site of Kam's car. Puteri and I were such idiots cos we pulled over on the side of Spencer St to wait for Kam. Twenty minutes later, we were still waiting. We finally decided to just head back to the hotel and wait outside. JT had told Puteri that no matter what, she was to wait for her outside the hotel and not leave her alone with Kam. Tried to call Kam with no success and when I finally got a hold of him, I discovered he had taken JT to Platform One! So Puteri and I were once again made into fools for waiting in the car, while the other two were busy getting hammered. The problem was Puteri didnt have the keys to get into the hotel. As a result, the both of us sat in the car outside the hotel for over an hour waiting and waiting. One of my pet hates is waiting. Puteri and I were fuming by the time Kam showed up with JT. At 5.30 in the morning, I was so not a friendly person. Apparently I nearly ran Kam over when I drove off! Sorry man, I didnt mean it. Best friend or not, it was not my intention to try and kill him even though that's what Puteri and I felt like doing that morning! We later found out that after I left and Puteri retired to her room, Kam took JT to South Melbourne beach, err....sightseeing. WTF? Atleast they had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment