Google

Friday, March 23, 2007

The Party I Didnt Go To

After a late one on Friday, I woke up and went for lunch in the city with the tourists. A warm bowl of Vietnamese noodles was a delightful way to nurse a hangover, not that I was hungover ok. I was still trying to get over the events of the night before. After lunch we went to 3 Degrees for a late afternoon coffee...and cocktails for some (namely Ribena). I bet she would've ordered a Jaeger Bomb at 3 o'clock in the afternoon if she could. But mommy wouldnt be impressed. KL, who's an old high school friend, came down from Sydney to see Odie and Ribena. The poor guy took a 12 hour bus ride for the weekend just to see them. Very sweet guy indeed.

Helped The Nurse organise her welcome home party at Eve on Saturday night and I didnt even end up going. The manager of Eve gave me my own guestlist and he was surprised I didnt turn up. The turn out was pretty good I heard but I was also told the music would've killed me. They played house/ techno rubbish all night. Thank God I didnt get out of bed for that. Was on the phone with Ribena throughout the night contemplating if we should go to Eve or Blvd. Ribena told me Malaysia Airlines was in town for the Formula 1 and was very keen to go to Blvd. I couldnt be f**ked going to Blvd; I couldnt even be f**ked going to Eve. Told Ribena we would catch up with Malaysia Airlines the next day. Ribena went along with WWF to drop MH off to the airport. I heard he checked in together with Miss T, but she couldnt wait to get away from him the minute the plane touched down in KLIA. Guess, they didnt really click.

The lot of them must've had a smashing time cos Mr S, Swing Sister, The Nurse, Princess Model, SJ and HYC partied from midnight on the Saturday at Eve, right through till 2am Monday morning; 48 hours straight! Crazy animals. Was not surprised when I rang Swing Sister at work on Monday and was told she had called in sick. Ball Breaker was good and only stayed at Eve for 2 hours and then went home. Wow. That was unusual.

Sunday, I went for lunch at Deelish on Smith St. in Collingwood. One of my favourite little cafe joints which I do frequent on the weekends. Cosy little place which has some great themes on the weeknights; such as "curry" nights on Tuesdays and "Parma" nights on Wednesdays (or something like that). After lunch, caught up with the tourists in Victoria Market. Visited Sock Man and he told me he's booked a date for his wedding - December 30th. The reception will be held somewhere in South Yarra. Wow. Flashy. Congratulations man. He's also having a reception in Taiwan. This will be huge no doubt.

Sat around Victoria Market for the rest of the afternoon before adjourning to Soul Cafe in the city. Malaysia Airlines came to join us and brought a friend along. He was keen to go clubbing again that night. What the? I guess it's nice to be on holidays with no responsibilities except party, party, party. Plus he didnt bring his wife with him on this trip. Hmmm...classic case of when the cat's away, the mouse comes out to play. Found out that Malaysia Airlines just opened a bar/ restaurant in KL. Told him I would definitely check it out when I go back to KL next. The retaurant's called Barra in the KL Tower. What an entrepeneur. After a few glasses of wine, we all went to dinner at Banana Palm in Chinatown. Another bottle of white later, I was having difficulty focusing. After dinner JT and Kam (who was driving me home) decided to stop by Transport at Federation Square to drink more. It was surprisingly busy on a Sunday night. Must be because of the F1, which was on that day. A nice Dutch boy (he was 23; still a boy) came to join us on our table. He just couldnt stop talking even when I seemed disinterested in the conversation. The poor guy was down in Melbourne for work all by himself so he decides to go to a bar for a drink by himself. To top that off, of all people at the bar, he decides to join us. He literally bored me to death. Nice boy, but in my intoxicated state, I was in no mood to make small talk. I cant even remember what time I got home, but nevertheless I still made it to work on Monday. I dont know how..... and as for JT, she never ended up going back to her hotel that night. Naughty, naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment