Google

Monday, May 07, 2007

Cirque Du Soleil's Varekai

Left work early on Friday afternoon for an important meeting. Well, this is my story and I'm sticking to it. Met up with Kam and Goofy at Iceberg Bar in Williamstown. When I got there, Kam already had a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc waiting for me. Wow, a bottle, not a glass. This is bad, he just knows me too well. Had a few games of pool before Ball Breaker, Princess Model and Swing Sister came to join us. BBs and November Cleo were in the neighbourhood, so they dropped by for a drink too. They brought along Little Lesbo and her girlfriend. The girlfriend was nice and friendly, but Little Lesbo and I didnt exchange words or glances. No loss there really.

It was like a big party and everyone was there on a Friday afternoon. BBs took a sickie from work....naughty, naughty girl. Too much partying from the night before, without me! And for once Ball Breaker managed to sneak out of work early on a Friday. We didnt even have lunch but ended up getting some tapas as a quick snack before rushing back home to get ready. Princess Model was upset she didnt get to eat when she got there. We were all too busy drinking, prefering the liquid diet to anything else really.



Cirque Du Soleil's Varekai was magnificent. We had pretty decent seats apart from the man with the big head sitting in front of us. Thank God the performers were jumping all over the place from the roof of the tent. Siew Yum bought us the tickets more than 6 months ago and she brought along her whole family to the show. What a good girl. Before we went in to the show, Princess Model bought a beer to take in. Beer?? So Aussie? Her excuse was Ball Breaker made her walk 2 miles from the carpark and she was thirsty and needed something to cool her down. Well, she could've gotten a bottle of water instead. The show was truly magical. The acts and performances were good but it's the costumes and the set that made the show so unbelievably good. There were three little Chinese boys performing as Water Meteors and they were the cutest things there. I was very impressed that not one performer made any mistakes or fell over. The show kept me entertained the whole way through. I would recommend this to anyone who hasnt been to a Cirque show in their life. You've got to see it once.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:36 PM

    Why do you guys have to starve me ALL THE TIME?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We dont deliberately try to starve you...we just prefer the liquid diet to the solid food diet, that's all....and I know you like it too!!! Dont lie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are like a baby who needs to be fed every 3 hours....next time I carry a sandwich in my handbag for you ok? Now, now, dont cry baby.... LOL

    ReplyDelete