Google

Monday, May 14, 2007

Middle Eastern Night


Due to the fact that our dear friend Princess Model claims to have never tasted Lebanese (we're talking about food here, incase anyone was wondering) before, Ball Breaker took the liberty of organising a wonderfully themed Middle Eastern night out for some Leb food. We all met up at Cafe Zum Zum on Rathdowne St in Carlton. I never knew this restaurant existed. We had a $35 set menu and the food was terrific. I really enjoyed every dish they brought our apart from the dessert. That was the worst part. I'm just not into the super sweet turkish delight and pastries. Ball Breaker was busy asking everyone what kind of spice they used on the chicken dish. Nobody had any idea. Why did she want to know anyway? Was she going to prepare us a Middle Eastern dish? The night was well themed but I dont think we specifically had any Lebanese food. Oh well, Middle Eastern food is all the same anyway. But Princess Model is still kicking to go to an authentic Lebanese restaurant. Another night out I guess!


During dinner, Mr S sms-ed TQ to see where he was. We knew he was with KC and VB but we had no idea where they were. TQ replied to tell us they were at The Order and told us to join them. However, when Mr S sms-ed VB, he got no reply. Did he not want us to invade his territory? We decided to got to Polly on Brunswick St. instead. The place made delicious cocktails but not much eye candy around. Our group were by far the best looking in the entire place! No kidding. Princess Model ordered an aptly named cocktail called The Princess and I had a cocktail called The Mistress. Should've had The Devil instead. Ball Breaker was pretty much stuck with Blondie all night. We found out she was only 22 and Ball Breaker seemed to be having such a great time in conversation with her, that Princess Model, Swing Sister and myself thought it was best to leave them alone. Later on in the night, Ball Breaker managed to escape from Blondie for a few minutes and came to tell me how upset she was that we all left her alone. She had infact wanted us to rescue her! Too funny. Ok, next time we will know better. And come to think of it, Princess Model even asked me "since when those two became best friends?".


HYC and Emo turned up to Polly with some friends as well. What a surprise. Swing Sister was happy to see Emo. She thinks he's cool, I think he's a freak, Princess Model thinks he's oily and I know someone else who thinks he's unwashed! You know, for a semi decent looking guy, it's a shame he has to hide his face behind his curly locks. I guess it's all in the emo fashion statement. Beng gave me a rundown on the difference between goth and emo. I still dont quite get it, but I was told emos like to dress like goths with no emotions on their face. WTF? So is Swing Sister aspiring to be a goth or an emo? I'm confused.

I left after The Mistress and the rest went over to Bimbo across the road. Princess Model told me the music was great (house....hmmm) and no cover charge to get in. Oh, and the highlight of her night was getting picked up by a Lebanese guy. How ironic. The whole night was supposed to be themed towards all things Lebanese. Instead, Princess Model dresses up like a Turkish Delight and we end up in a restaurant which serves a general all round Middle Eastern food. No Lebanese satisfaction until Princess Model finally got picked up by one. Nice.

p.s. Sorry PM, I stole your photos!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:38 PM

    Turkish delight wasn't very delighted about the Lebanese!

    Picutures are taken to be shared. Don't be silly.

    We need to do another Lebanese night, Abla's!

    Trust me, Emo's forehead is full of pimples from his oily hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I want to go to Abla's, the menu looks yummy :)

    How the hell did you see Emo's forehead? I havent been able to see his face for about 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:06 PM

    That's what I assume, bwahahah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, we have a mission...get Swing Sister to investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:05 AM

    Sounds nothing but purrrrrfect!

    ReplyDelete