Google

Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Writer Does Not Bowl

Siew Yum had her 30th birthday celebrations last Saturday at Kingpin Bowling in Melbourne Central. I thought it was a fabulous idea. Something different even though I DONT BOWL. Nothing against it, just not particularly fond of poking my fingers into such a heavy ball (I'd rather poke smaller and lighter balls) and sticking my feet into second hand shoes. But if I had my own gear, I bet I'd be really good at it! The party started around 5pm, which really means the drinking started at 5pm. Since most that were there were part of the bowling team, Princess Model, HYC, Kam and myself had nothing better to do but drink ourselves silly. Really, only Princess Model and I were doing all the drinking. HYC refused to drink the whiskey water I ordered for him. Hmmm......weak! Attempted to play some pool, but got bored of that pretty quickly. Drinking was more fun, especially when it was a free flow.

Cuties

So many baalls......

Drink....!

More drinks....

There's a special designated smoking room at Kingpin/ Barcode. The seats were lined up on both sides of the wall with a floor length window looking out on to some building. Some one asked "Is that an apartment block?" and Princess Model (being the smarty pants) said "It's either yes or no". No shit..... I dont know if she was trying to be smart, funny or just dumb ;-) Anyway, back to my smoking room, when I stepped in, the stench of stale cigarettes was so strong, I wanted to puke. And the way the room was designed, I felt like I was in a poorly ventilated smoking room in KLIA. It looked and felt exactly the same!



Siew Yum was out of it pretty early. She was by no means knocked out but she was very thrashed. I believe she had no recollection of the events of the day leading up to dinner. Some of us made our way to Sung's Kitchen by foot, some decided to drive. I was pretty tipsy too but the walk helped me gain back my sobriety. We didnt order any of the restaurant's signature dishes but the food was still pretty good. Will definitely have to go back there again. The desserts were rather special. Fancy ordering toffee apple in a Chinese restaurant? And it tasted pretty good too.

After dinner we headed to Blvd even though Siew Yum was pretty thrashed by this stage. She wasnt the only one smashed. I heard VVB didnt even make it to Blvd, he fell asleep in the car! Princess Model, Swing Sister, Ball Breaker, Groupie Lover and myself got there pretty late and Cutey wasnt impressed. Oh well, she still got us in though. Ball Breaker, Swing Sister and November Cleo left after less than an hour. November Cleo isnt herself these days. After her long business trip to Hong Kong, something's gone wrong. Firstly, she doesnt drink Chivas anymore, but instead prefers Vodka. Hello.... you started me on the damn Chivas & water, now u'r trading that in for what I used to drink? Strange..... And the second big thing is, she was actually keen to leave Blvd early. Now, this is definitely very strange. The November Cleo I knew, would party until the sun comes up. Maybe this is a good change. Age must be catching up.

Princess Model and I partied on with Cute J and the Twins. Come to think of it, we didnt really hang out with Siew Yum when we got to Blvd. She was stuck at her table upstairs and we pretty much hung out downstairs where Kam was playing all night. I was pretty exhausted by the end of it. Not smashed, just tired. Got a chance to speak to the Twins and realised they're actually quite nice girls. Also realised they were like nearly a decade younger than me! Bloody hell. Is anyone older than me?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:46 PM

    1) I wasn't trying to be anything but myself. That was a typical Princess Model's ambiguous answer at most times.

    2) It was HYC who asked the question.

    3) I was so blind, I didn't know Siew Yum made it to Boulevard, I thought she went home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...thanks for clarifying! And yes, Siew Yum was at Blvd, upstairs the whole night. We didnt even say good bye to her when we left!

    ReplyDelete