Google

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mother's Day

It was Mother's Day last Sunday and I spent the day having yum cha at Dragon Boat on the Yarra with family. The food was just unappetising. Being a special day, the restaurant was packed out and I guess the food was just plainly mass produced with no thought put into the taste of the dumplings. I hate going for yum cha on days like this. Any special occassion, the food at yum cha restaurants are guaranteed to suck. Having a mild hangover from the night before didnt help either. Everything just tasted like cardboard.

After yum cha, I went to Victoria Market to get one of my dogs a bed. Yes, a dog bed. The cold weather is coming up and I dont want her to spend another year sleeping on concrete so being the caring person that I am, I decided to buy her a bed. Whilst at the market, I went to pay Socks a visit and found out that he's booked in the venue for his wedding. It's going to be on 30th December this year. He also told me that since planning for this wedding, he's had countless number of arguments with his fiancee. They just cant seem to agree on anything for the wedding. Not only are they having a reception here, they are also having a huge one in Taiwan. What a pain this must be. I think I'll be quite happy eloping in Vegas or something like that. Ideally, I'd like to be married on a secluded island somewhere with just my close family and friends present. None of this 400 people wedding reception rubbish. What a waste of money and effort.

Ball Breaker, Princess Model and Beng were supposed to spend Mother's Day together on a picnic late morning. But as Princess Model and Beng have set precedents in the past, both did not wake up in time. Ball Breaker was the only one who invested time and effort into preparing for this picnic that didnt happen. Poor thing. I did tell her to come for yum cha with me.

Got home after the market and spoke to my mom. She thought I had forgotten about her until she received the big bouquet of flowers I had sent. The wonders of the Internet and Interflora. Just as I have always envisioned Mother's Day to be a day to celebrate with my mom, and only my mom, this year, I realised that a few of my friends are mothers too. F*ck, I must be getting old. Thankfully, I remembered in time to wish my sister, Odie and SJ a happy mother's day.