Google

Friday, May 04, 2007

Last Minute Dinner Party

Mr S & Swing Sister came over for dinner on Monday night. It was nice of them to drop off the car. I was meant to go into the city to meet them but since they decided to come by, I invited them over for dinner. When Swing Sister arrived, she went straight to the fridge and poured herself a glass of Choya. Must've been a stressful day at work. Beers were cracked open too. I thought Mr S didnt drink beer..... I on the other hand, was having an alcohol free day. No wine, no beer, no choya.

Princess Model rings up and decides to pop over to pick up a very important document. She came a little after we finished dinner but decided she was hungry again after stuffing herself with a piece of steak at home. So, she helped herself to the leftovers. She certainly wasnt shy! So now, you've tasted my cooking. Stop whining about me never inviting you over for dinner ok :-) We sat around chatting and I couldnt concentrate on Desperate Housewives. I kept telling them to keep it down so I could watch tv but Princess Model was a little confused that people still watch tv these days. She thought everyone these days would buy box set DVDs and watch them at their leisure. Yes, alot of people do that and I really dont know why I havent bought the Desperate Housewives box set yet. Hmmm...... I must look into this. Because Desperate Housewives was on one channel and Supernatural was on another, I decided to tape Supernatural. Again Princess Model was dumbfounded. "Do people still tape tv shows with a VCR?" she asked. Well, I'm sorry I havent upgraded to a DVD recorder yet. A bit behind in time huh? I do have a DVD player though. Is that not good enough? Dont people use VCRs anymore? I think I'll just go buy the box sets for Desperate Housewives and Supernatural. There, problem solved!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:54 PM

    Who said Mr S doesn't drink beer? He drinks them like water and I've developed a taste for it (only when I'm smashed *wink*) but I will only drink from other's, can't finish a bottle myself.

    I don't even have any recorder at home, or Foxtel. I feel like I live in the country, shite... So you're good, at least behind time, I'm uncivilized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I notice now that he drinks beer; and you too Princess Model. You finished a whole glass of beer by yourself last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:56 PM

    I had withdrawal symptom! Haven't been drinking for the past 5 days. Now I know I shouldn't not drink for too many days, my body will be in shock once I start drinking again.

    Besides, I walked two miles from the carpark, I need something to cool me down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you drink again last night??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:53 PM

    Saturday - a few glasses of wine throughout the whole day.

    Sunday - not at all, I've deadlines to meet and I feel like dying already.

    ReplyDelete