Google

Monday, May 07, 2007

Lavish Me Baby

After the brilliant performance of Cirque Du Soleil, Princess Model, Ball Breaker, Swing Sister and myself headed into the city to grab a bite. We ended up at A1 Cafe on Russel St. What a blast from the past. Ball Breaker and I havent stepped foot into this place for atleast 5 years; and it used to be one of our favourite restaurants. Princess Model and I shared some chiffon egg dish and it was scrumptious, just as I remembered it to be! Ball Breaker and I have decided to make a date one of these nights to go back there for dinner. Swing Sister didnt really like the place. Maybe cos it's a bit dingy and dirty. Oh well, the food's cheap though.

After filling our tummies (if we didnt, Princess Model would've killed us), we met up with Mr S and Scarface at The Carlton Hotel. A place once frequented by abbos (not wanting to be racist ok), after the refurbishment, it's become quite a trendy looking bar. The place is decked out with life size stuffed animals which is kinda freaky but trendy at the same time. The crowd was mediocre and the bar is a non-smoking venue. Yucks! The whole time I was there, I didnt even have one cigarette. I couldnt be f**ked walking to the smoking courtyard. It was too crowded anyway.

VB was sms-ing Mr S all night asking him to go to Lavish. After the show and the poorly made Vodka Lemon Lime I ordered at The Carlton Hotel, I was pretty keen to head home straight to bed. Instead, Princess Model was begging Ball Breaker and I to go. What the? She's truly a regular now. In the end, we succumbed to peer pressure and made out way reluctantly to Lavish. BBs had sms-ed me earlier on in the night wanting to know if we were going and I told her we weren't. Damn! I stuck to my plan of staying for an hour and couldnt wait to get out of there.

I later found out VB had been sms-ing Mr S to see if he could get in with us to save him the hassle of having to line up in the queue. Aaahhh, I see. That was the plan all along. And just so people know, Swing Sister, Princess Model and myself had to line up for more than 15 minutes before we got in. And let me tell you, I was not happy! I kept wanting to leave whilst in the line but Princess Model held me back. Nobody saw much of VB when we got in to Lavish. TQ and KC hung out with us for quite a bit but VB was nowhere to be seen. This is his problem. Who am I to criticise him really. I love VB dearly but he's been stepping on a few toes recently and people are not happy. He calls and sms-es when it's convenient for him but when we all meet up at a place together, he doesnt bother to speak to any of us. What is wrong with him?

When we got to Lavish, Goofy was highly, highly intoxicated. I've known this for awhile but Ball Breaker learnt on the night that Goofy and alcohol is a lethal combination. The executive decision is one of two choices; when Goofy hangs out with us, there will be no alcohol for him or he needs to be handcuffed. For some reason instead of turning into a fish (which is the case when people drink), he turns into an octopus. Even November Cleo noticed this and wasnt impressed. Goofy is a nice fella pre-alcohol, great to hang with. But post-alcohol is a different story all together.

Some got lucky on the night, some not so lucky. You know who you are. I'm over Lavish, for the week. Until next weekend.... ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Multiple personality Goofy?? Oohhh.... Bad Goofy needs handcuffs or else he's not allowed to come out and play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:45 AM

    bad, bad goofy. maybe next time it's your turn to be bad. goofy can behave......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always bad...you just dont know it :-P

    ReplyDelete