Google

Friday, May 11, 2007

Miss Saigon

After working late every night this week, it was a relief to finish up at 5.30 last night and head to dinner with my team. We enjoyed a beautiful dinner at Becco in the city at the company's expense. The food was superb however the service wasnt anything to shout about. The restaurant was a good dining experience, white linen table cloths with professional looking waiters. Having said that, it is a tiny restaurant though. Cosy and warm; and it wasnt too packed last night for a Thursday night. What I'd really like to try is the restaurant next door called Gingerboy. It was packed last night!

Not only did me and my team have a wonderful dinner (and too many martinis for me), we also went on to catch Miss Saigon at Her Majesty'sTheatre. At the last minute, a work colleague rang me to say she wasnt able to make it to the show so I was stuck with a spare ticket. What a waste! So I invited Ball Breaker along. No point wasting the ticket. Thank God Ball Breaker was keen to come out all the way into the city on such short notice.


The story of a young Vietnamese hooker who falls in love with an American soldier. The show gave me 2 hours of imagination and belief that these kind of romance love stories only happen in the movies, and on stage. The ending was sad and I'm pretty sure if Princess Model was there, she would be crying. We had some loser sitting infront of us singing along to every tune in the musical and with his composer hand movements, I really felt like knocking him across the back of his head. Who let these people out of the house?

The musical had some rather sharp and witty lines which Ball Breaker and I found amusing. When we heard these lines, they reminded us of certain people we know.....

"Why did I have to come from a country full of rice?" - remind you of anyone??

"Like a movie in my mind"

"You swear like a man, but screw like a boy" - this is my all time favourite line.....might have to use this some day ;-)

After the show, Ball Breaker, BK and myself went to Mai Tai for a quick drink where Princess Model and Swing Sister came to join us. It was ladies night at Mai Tai with happy hour half price drinks till midnight! Looks like this is the place to be on a Thursday night.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:02 PM

    I LOVE miss saigon...lucky biatch

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fabulous show. My first time. Damn good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:14 AM

    Oiii... I'm not going to Mai Tai again, effing dodgy that place. And their cocktail, what cocktail? Sugar water plus heaps of colouring it was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh, but the drinks half price! We dont have to order cocktails you know? Can have wine....or chivas water ;-)

    A bit dodgy, but so like an authentic Thai bar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:46 PM

    I'm Indian not Thai! We'll go when we're broke, really broke broke, please...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, ok, we'll only go when you dress up like a Thai hooker...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:07 PM

    I can only dress like a mainland Chinese hooker. Ask Ball Breaker to try to Thai hooker look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops....I forgot you're the Shanghai chicken with sugar daddy who wants to take u shopping down Collins St. LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete