Google

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Great Weekend

Enjoyed a day out on Saturday with Ball Breaker. We had lunch at Ken San (Melbourne GPO). They make the best sushi rolls in town. Different and unique; nothing compared to your average food court sushi rolls. The combination of flavours are very interesting - salmon and mango hand roll, California rolls with prawns not with the cheap processed crab stick. Hmmm..... thinking about it is making me hungry!
We've come to a realisation that there is just too much bitching going on. We are all friends so why do we act two-faced infront of one another? The good thing about us is we have so many different groups of friends. By different I mean we have friends that not necessarily know each other. Different friends we do different things with. Different friends we discuss different things with. Even different friends we go to different clubs with. I know some people who only have us as friends. Not a bad thing, but not a good thing either. Then there are some people who are part of the click and some who arent. So, how does one become part of the click? This is the million dollar question. Socially, you need to be able to stand on your own two feet and not need me to babysit you at all times. To be part of the click you must have a good sense of humour and of high intellect. When people say "there was so much money on the floor" and you say "there was so many money on the floor", then you know you're not part of the click.
The rest of Saturday was a quiet affair. No drinking, no clubbing, what a relief!
Met Shaolin on Sunday. Nice guy, high potential to be part of the click. Good sense of humour and well spoken. He spent all afternoon (and all night) with Princess Model and Ball Breaker. I met up with them at The Elbow Room in St Kilda for a drink. Didnt stay too long. Had to meet up with KM and TOT. TOT said Toy Boy is warming up to Ball Breaker. He used to be so scared of her. Well, I havent actually met anyone who's not scared of Ball Breaker. Toy Boy was at Blvd on Saturday, minus the girlfriend. Would've been an excellent opportunity for Ball Breaker. Sorry I stayed home all night. Plenty of opportunities ahead, not to worry.
Had dinner at Thanh Phong in Richmond. I've been going there since I was 18 and have introduced this haunt to many of my friends. They all love it, especially KM. We always order exactly the same damn thing; prawn spring rolls, prawn rice paper rolls and #24. I love eating in Vietnamese Restaurants. Everything on the menu is numbered. You just have to remember what number to order. Imagine dining at Florentino's and asking for "number 24 please". Shaolin, Princess Model and Ball Breaker came for dinner too. All looking worse for wear and rather obviously smashed. They informed me that they had 5 bottles of white between the three of them. I was so jealous! But Sunday is my alcohol free day, well, no alcohol before 7pm anyway :-) Lucky I left them at St Kilda earlier on in the day or else I would've ended up just like them; a bunch of alcoholics! Dinner was very entertaining. Ball Breaker decided she was a self defence expert and decided to demonstrate her moves to all of us and for all in the restaurant as well! KM was in a dilemma the minute she walked in the restaurant. She had double booked herself. She was meant to meet up with other friends at chilli chicken but ended up with us in Richmond. She so wanted #24 from the menu, but was also craving for chilli chicken. Geez, some people have to make such tough decisions in life. KM stayed for #24 and then ordered chilli chicken to go. Crazy bitch! After Richmond, she drove into the city to pick up her chilli chicken and chilli crab. KM brought all this food over to my place and we literally didnt stop eating from 7pm till 4am! I feel sick thinking about it now. But the chilli chicken was so good. The hotter it got, the more you wanted to eat it. It is an unexplainable desire for something that's so painful to ingest. Princess Model would understand. Ball Breaker would rather die than eat chilli chicken. She's been there, done that, not doing it again. Shall we all go to chilli chicken for dinner this week?
KM and TOT stayed to watch Lizard Woman. What a terrible movie that was. I expected a scary Thai horror movie but all I got was a hideous looking creature and no story line to the movie. The Thais usually make excellent horror movies. Wonder what happened. KM & TOT were so funny. They both had their eyes closed and a blanket over their heads. How the hell did they watch the movie? It was all too funny.
Had coffee with the girls at Manchester Lane the next night. Cosy little bar tucked away in a little alley. The only sucky thing is you cant smoke inside and it was bloody freezing outside. All the bars are converting to a smoke free zone. Come next year, there wont be any smoking bars in Melbourne. How sad :-( The girls met up with Fegg and Ah Sook the night before at Docklands and from the sounds of it, they had a really good time, taking into account the 9 bottles of white they downed all day! Words from the expert herself; "I have found my husband and I will marry him one day". Not a bad thing that she's found a new focus. I will need to assess this potential before passing any judgements on him. The plan at Manchester Lane was to have an alcohol free drink session with just coffees. No such luck! Gone are the days when I would meet up with my girlfriends for a coffee, a real coffee. We attempted to order coffee but just couldnt help ourselves. We ended up with a Kahlua Latte and a Baileys Mocha. Princess Model was good, she had Chamomile Tea! But the night was not to end there. Because sitting outside (damn smokers) at Manchester Lane was too cold, we made another "coffee" stop at Hairy Canary. This time I needed my alcohol fix! I ordered a glass of NZ Sauvignon Blanc and Princess Model had a cocktail. Ball Breaker went back to the original plan and ordered a mineral water. What a good girl! November Cleo was breaking my balls all night wanting to go clubbing at Seven. I love Seven, but was not in the mood for clubbing. Had to turn November Cleo down. Wonder if she was calling all night to find out where VB was. She didnt actually ask me but I had a feeling she was waiting for me to offer the information. Something fishy going on there. The Google Girls think there is some interest on her part. As for VB, he's always interested in the female species. Found out Casey was at Lexington but none of the girls were up for it. Used to be a nice place to hang out when it first opened. People were nice, music was good. Now, it's just a meat market, full of "Marios" and "Apus". The last time I was there, some guy came up to me and said "Do you come here often?" What the f**k??? Do guys still use this pick up line? Then another guy said to me "Are you having a good night?" My response "I was having a fabulous night until you came along". Lucky for me, he turned and walked away with embarrassment.
The weekend ended too soon. 4 days off for the Melbourne Cup weekend was great. The weekends are just never long enough. *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment