Google

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Marriage is Overrated

It was Odd's birthday on Thursday. Spoke to The Princess (not to be confused with Princess Model) on Friday and she told me BT gave Odd a diamond necklace for her birthday. How sweet of him. Unfortunately Odd wasnt very appreciative. Well, he is trying his bestest to win you back even if you dont see it. I like BT. He's a nice guy. A little too "ah beng" for my liking but nevertheless, he's a good guy. I cant believe you guys have come to this point. Does eternal love really not exist? Should I really be looking forward to spending the rest of my life with one person? Marriage is so overrated. I've seen so many that dont last. This is why I'm in no hurry to walk down the aisle. I know love cant be forced upon, but I feel for BT. He loves Odd and the baby so much. What a shame. How will we ever know if the person we marry is the one? These days people change partners like they change their underwear. If only life was that simple. I believe that once a person makes a commitment to spend the rest their lives with another person, they should stick through with it. However, having said that, people change, circumstances change. I understand Odd has fallen out of love but I'm beginning to understand now that maybe this is possible. This reminds me of a question BMW once asked me. Do couples remain in love forever or is that love replaced with one being in a comfort zone? Unfortunately his marriage didnt last either. Surely there was love at the beginning of their relationship, but how did they fall out of love? A while ago Princess Model asked me if it's possible to just love someone or to remain in love with that same person forever? Geez, how complicating is love really? I have friends who include activities in their married life to make it more exciting. Good on them for making the effort. But for some, after falling into the comfort zone, they will find it hard to climb back out to make an effort in anything. Separations and divorces happen all the time, even more than we would like to think. But it is upsetting when something like this happens to a close friend and all I can do is sit back and watch, unable to help in any way.
The Princess celebrated her birthday on Saturday. Wonder what kind of binge she got up to? Alcohol or more alcohol? Wish I was there with you. It would've been a blast. I wish I was there to celebrate with the both of you actually. I miss you guys :-(

1 comment:

  1. I personally think...

    You can love someone easily, but being in love with someone is reciprocal.

    Being in love with someone takes a lot of effort and energy to keep the passion going, otherwise you'll fall out of love. However, falling out of love doesn't necessarily means you do not love that person.

    Sometimes, loving someone is what you're left after falling out of love with that person.

    ReplyDelete