Google

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Mid Week Update

Met up with Ball Breaker last night after work. The decision was to meet up for a coffee at L'incontro, and I mean coffee not Kahlua Lattes just plain lattes. But you know what? We are bad to the bone. Ended up at Cookie Bar once again. Swing Sister came to join us. We were actually quite good. Only had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc each. For some reason, if Princess Model was around, we would've had countless numbers of Lychee Martinis or Caipiroskas! We are bad, so bad. Bumped into Kitty at Cookie. I felt so bad. I always forget to call or email her and because karma always comes to bite me on the ass, we just had to bump into her. Note to myself - NEVER TO FORGET TO EMAIL OR CALL KITTY! Ball Breaker and I were planning on a quick coffee and leave the city by 6.30pm anyway. Good thing was we did stick to the plan. We both left Cookie at 6.45pm. My first step to cutting out drinking during the week. If this was 3 months ago, we would've stayed at Cookie till midnight. I''ve been good. Contrary to what anyone is going to think, this is my aim. To stay good. Well, I can be bad too but that's a different story all together *wink*.
The three of us had a lengthy discussion about geniuses and their eccentricities. I once knew a guy who had an IQ bordering on being a genius. He had gone to uni to do a degree in Applied Maths. Who the hell would want to spend three years studying pure maths? He then went on to do his Masters in Maths. Geez. Anyway, he was more than eccentric. At the time I met him, he was in his mid 30s, still lived at home and liked to dress up as a woman. He was by no means gay or homosexual but just enjoyed wearing make up and dresses. He would parade around the house believing he was a woman. Yes, he was crazy; very highly intelligent but crazy. Swing Sister told us Ball Breaker's views were that of an eccentric person. Lately, Ball Breaker has demonstrated a rather obsessive and eccentric pattern in her behaviour. Is she really a genius in disguise? Arent we priviledged then to be associated with such a being? Ball Breaker is crazy and maybe she is a genius. I know that's what she thinks anyway. Swing Sister is right, once in awhile we need to be humble and accept people around us for who they are not how smart they are. Ball Breaker wants to meet a man who's IQ is equal if not higher than hers. In other words, she's looking for a major, major geek. She should stop bar hopping and start combing through the libraries in Melbourne. Better chance there. And believe me, you aint gonna find that man at Lavish! You'll be lucky to find a man amongst the kids at Lavish.
Turned out to be a good night of intellectual conversation. A far cry from all the night outs we've had where we girls just get together and talk about boys, boys and boys. I read in the papers today that women speak an average of 20,000 words per day and men utter a mere 7000 words per day. Gee, we women do talk alot! And I know one woman who probably utters more than 100,000 words per day. Women also speak more quickly, devote more brainpower to chit-chat and get a buzz out of hearing their own voices. So, it's proven that women can talk some men to death or close to it. So, if a couple have an argument, is this why women always want to talk about it and men just want to shut out the rest of the world and ignore us?
The week ahead will be full of activities and parties. Tomorrow night, we are all invited to TOT's 21st birthday dinner at Korean Seoul Restaurant. Then on Friday, she's having her party at Lavish. Another 21st birthday party! Today is her birthday and I just spoke to her. Cutey and TOT just checked into Novotel St Kilda. A night of wild sex to follow, I'm sure. Plastic's brother is having his birthday party at Lavish this Friday as well, which means Plastic will be there with the girlfriend. Princess Model should be here *tsk tsk tsk*. I also have my office Xmas party on Friday night at The Kitten Club. I hope I dont get too wasted. Yeah right! Spoke to Yen today and she's invited me to go to the opening of Barcode (yeah another opening) in Chapel Street. But the event is also on Friday night. Gawd. Too many places to be. Gonna have to miss out on the opening. Yen will catch up with the rest of us at Lavish, so she tells me. KC is having a bbq on Saturday, which will hopefully be good. I've invited Yen and Mills along to the bbq. Hope KC doesnt mind. We'll be busy playing gin rummy anyway. Yippeee.... If November Cleo was here, KC would have to worry about her eating all the food. But she's still overseas, so the food's safe.
Had dinner with VB last night and he told me he had dinner with Korean J the night before and he met her mother. What the? VB says they're just good friends. She just landed herself a new job with Film Victoria (or something like that). She's responsible for the legislations of film productions that come into the country. Interesting. VB also said Korean J studied law at uni, that's why she's working in legislation. Now, that I didnt know. Korean J also writes for a Korean magazine in Melbourne and is apparently doing a feature story on VB. Cant wait to get my hands on that piece.
VB also mentioned that he saw Audi at Lavish last week.
VB: Did you know Audi is married with kids and all?
Me: Yes, he's married but no kids
VB: Then why does he hang out at Lavish?
Me: OMG, he's only been there like twice.
VB: He told me he likes Asian girls.
Me: Really? So?
VB: He shouldnt really be partying if he's married.
Me: What? Are married people not allowed to party?
VB: He looks kinda sleazy.
Me: I dont think so. Why? Did he sleaze on you? Hahahahah
So, why cant married people party? I know so many people who are married with kids and still go out alot. Do people have this pre-conceived perception of others who party alot? If I'm married I should start behaving like a nun? Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment