Google

Friday, November 24, 2006

True Friends

This week has been such a busy week, in and out of meetings. I didnt even have time to blog! Had dinner at Cutey's on Wednesday night. She made beef rendang! Yummy. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of beef or rendang. But it tasted quite close to the real thing. It was nice to just chill out at her place and not have to meet up for drinks in the city. Sometimes that can be a real pain. Have to park the car, then have to walk to the bar, too noisy to chat and we always end up consuming way too much alcohol! Chilling at home was relaxing. We still had alcohol though, just not to the extreme. Couple of bottles of white went well with the dinner. I think Princess Model, Ball Breaker and I finished two bottles before dinner even started.

Early on in the week, I spoke to Rene via Gtalk. Rene is Plastic's ex girlfriend. Funny how I get along with so many of Plastic's exes. Rene is now in Hong Kong. She got married recently here in Australia and because hubby got a job in Hong Kong, she's upped and moved over there as well. By the sounds of it, she hasnt quite settled in to the lifestyle. Maybe because she's not working and just sitting at home all day. I'm sure she's missing all her friends and family here as well. Now that she's not working, maybe she should start planning a baby? Atleast that will keep her busy! Hah! I didnt even know she was married until she told me this week. Rene had a small and tasteful wedding on Fraser Island. She didnt want the typical, traditional and glamorous Chinese wedding. I dont blame her. Personally, I'd like to elope somewhere. It's been such a long time since I've seen Rene. I really liked her. She was a nice girl. All the best to her and her hubby in Hong Kong. I hope to visit her there in the near future. By then, she should know all the good places to eat and shop!

Got an email from The Nurse in UK. She told me about her endless itinerary around Europe. Bitch! She made my day. NOT! I'm glad she's having a great time over there. I wish I was there with her, working hard and playing hard at the same time. She did get upset at me for using her photo in one of my entries. Sorry chick! You were just too hot in the police outfit! Keep sending photos and keep making me envious of your worldly escapades. So many men, so little time huh?
On Wednesday night, Piggy rang me from KL. She's coming to Melbourne! Woohoo. I cant wait. She will be down after Xmas for two weeks. I'll have to organise her a ticket to the Summadayze rave. She's still in the midst of planning the big event. She better give me a date asap, so I can plan my annual leave. I really miss Piggy. I wish she would move back to Melbourne and join the rest of the crew here. The days when we use to work, party and play together almost seems like just yesterday. It was such a blast then. In a blink of an eye, everyone has moved on to the next phase of their lives - marriage. I would've never thought Bob would be capable of getting married. Funny, the way things turn out.
I'm blessed to have so many friends, and so many true friends. I would not be able to live without the lot of you. Even though I dont see many of you as often as I'd like to (and some I see too often!), know that you are still in my thoughts. That's why you guys get so much junk mail from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment